Boston Conservatory at Berklee is unlike any other higher education institution we have worked with, and redesigning their website posed a unique set of challenges. Their primary goal was to increase their applicant pool, but before we could attack that problem we needed to pin down the personality profile of a prospective performing arts student.
- Implement a navigational structure that is visually intuitive, clean and direct, and focused with the user in mind.
- Improve audition and admissions process flows.
- Define and differentiate the Conservatory experience more clearly. The site needs to provide prospective students with a feeling of what it is actually like to attend the Boston Conservatory.
- Add strong multimedia support that enhances details around programs and the Conservatory’s mission.
At the start of the redesign process, we surveyed nearly 300 prospective and current students, parents, and alumni to better understand their needs. Our key findings were:
- Both parents and students felt the existing site did not give them a sense of what it would be like to attend the school.
- Faculty qualifications and the promise of future employment were primary motivators when selecting a conservatory.
- Audition information and course information were among the most important website features among prospective students
We placed a strong emphasis on video and audio content throughout the site to illustrate what it really means to attend and perform at the Boston Conservatory at Berklee. Because faculty information is so important to visitors, we positioned faculty profiles front and center and redesigned the pages to allow the web team to include awards and certifications as well as multimedia content.
Launch: July 2016
increase in admissions page visits
increase in site visitors
increase in site visits
Throughout every step of our process, OHO took the time to understand our institution's unique needs and to find solutions that would serve us today and in the long-run.
Andrea Di Cocco
Director of Marketing and Communications
The Boston Conservatory at Berklee
The final design for Boston Conservatory at Berklee was received with unanimous praise from everyone within the organization, including the president.
The homepage features a stunning autoplay video that illustrates the unique experience of attending Boston Conservatory at Berklee. The video sets the tone for an emphasis on rich, immersive multimedia elements that permeate the site and solidifies the Boston Conservatory brand.