Uncommon Schools sought to re-launch their website in conjunction with a new branding initiative that included an overhauled communications and outreach strategy focusing on recruiting top teaching talent.
- Create a fresh design that incorporates a new visual identity, branding, and messaging
- Develop a centralized Content Management System (CMS) to increase ease of editing and efficiency while eliminating the need for an in-house resource
- Implement a platform for easy updating of content by eighteen corporate and regional schools
- Design a more engaging experience for site visitors
OHO worked with Uncommon Schools to refine the new branding and messaging, create a visual design that appeals to the site’s various user groups while incorporating clear calls-to-action throughout, and implement a CMS designed to make content entry easier and more efficient. Highlights include:
- Brand Messaging – Launch of “Our Stories,” a new section showcasing success stories from across the Uncommon Schools community using videos, photography, and written content, as well as critical enhancements to the careers section.
- CMS Customization – Implement a Drupal-built customized content management system with administrative screens giving both central and remote administrators the ability to enter and maintain content faster than before. It also allowed for content created by the corporate office to be syndicated to the 18 regional office microsites with restricted editing permissions.
- Website Optimization – Roll out a new blog to help enhance strategic marketing efforts and implement search engine optimization best practices for increased visibility in search engine results.
Launch: July 2015
increase in site users
decrease in bounce rate
increase in number of sessions
We are thrilled MITX awarded OHO for its great work on our project. Our new site has been an immense source of pride for all of us at Uncommon Schools, so it's quite gratifying to know that our fantastic partners at OHO are getting the recognition we certainly think they deserve.
Director of Marketing and Communications
From kick-off to launch, the Uncommon Schools website was designed and developed over four months. By using a multi-site environment architecture, each of the 18 regional schools has their own unique design and can independently manage their own content. The Uncommon Schools website won the 2011 MITX Award in the Education category.