During the pre-primary period of the 2012 Presidential Election, Mitt Romney’s team sought to incorporate a strong digital component into their overall campaign strategy through:
- Development and support of a range of user experiences online.
- Implementation of bilingual content support for Spanish-speaking audiences.
- Driving donations to the campaign through online engagement.
- Creating a cross-site, interconnected digital engagement platform.
As the lead interactive agency on the Romney campaign, OHO provided full-service support, development, project management, and data warehousing solutions for MittRomney.com from pre-primary through the election.
- Drupal Development – Support more than 30 digital properties and apps including the campaign’s main Drupal-based website in order to drive user engagement, online donations, and campaign support.
- Systems Integration – Create a cohesive user experience by integrating various web systems including Salesforce, ExactTarget, Pyrix, Facebook, Google, Twitter, CDMI, Magento, Square One, and Pavvia.
- Mobile and Social – Build mobile-optimized web experiences, mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms, social media experiences for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Spotify, and others.
Launch: May 2012
million site visitors in six months
million raised in one month
We find the best firms in the country and glue them together to achieve our goals. OHO made business sense at every decision point.
Romney for President
The digital marketing platform for the Romney for President campaign leveraged innovative and sophisticated technology to boast some of the highest online engagement of a Republican presidential campaign including:
- A rich data warehouse integrating all online channels.
- Over $200 million in donations and e-commerce.
- A high performance Drupal platform supporting over 40,000 simultaneous users.
- 12 million+ Facebook likes, 1.8 million Twitter followers, and 29 million YouTube channel views.
- A multi-channel store with purchase from web, mobile, and Facebook.