Over 600 museum professionals gathered today in Nashua, NH for the annual conference of the New England Museum Association.
During a double session, Jason Smith, Managing Director of OHO Interactive and Kate Burgess, Special Project Director at the House of Seven Gables, led participants through a 3.5 hour session on Marketing in Web 2.0.
The session included:
- What is Web 2.0? – discussing the philosophical and technological change that has happened on the web since 2005.
- Best Practices for Social Media – an introduction to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr including: demographics and suggested applications
- Social Media in Action – Kate Burgess talked the audience through how the House of Seven Gables has used Facebook and Twitter to create a new marketing channel.
- Social Media Engagement Pathway – An overview of the 4 steps OHO uses to plan social media campaigns.
The session was attended by over 60 museum professionals – some key questions that they audience raised:
- How do you keep up the new ideas and energy on Facebook?
- What privacy concerns should museums have in posting images or content?
- How can I integrate images from Flickr into my website?