Congratulations to Gwynedd Mercy University on the launch of their new website!
As we’ve said before, a higher ed website redesign is a big undertaking and getting to launch day is definitely a reason for excitement and celebration. We’re so glad to have been able to join our friends at Gwynedd Mercy University for their recent site launch party, and moreover, to have been a part of the journey.
In redesigning their website, Gwynedd Mercy University had multiple goals:
- Create a cohesive brand, message, and view of the University, its programs, and locations communicated with consistent tone and voice through visual and written content
- Build a website with a Drupal 7 content management system that allows for easy content updates and site management
- Implement new creative design that better showcases the school’s unique campus and community
- Highlight outcomes by sharing student success stories and related data points across site
The University’s website redesign project addressed the school’s goals on multiple levels:
- Information Architecture - Map a new information architecture uniting all academic programs under one umbrella, rather than having them segmented.
- Content Strategy - Develop content writing guidelines, content templates, and sample pages to guide the University’s content development effort and offer consistent branding across all university programs.
- Immersive Photography - Incorporating larger, more immersive imagery across the website to give visitors a strong sense of the school’s students, faculty, community, and culture.
- Drupal 7 - Build new back-end website architecture, replacing existing underperforming code and paving the way for a new Drupal 7 content management system.
- Customized Development - Create customized program matrix to show breadth of program offerings across undergraduate, graduate, online, and accelerated programs.
Check out the new Gwynedd Mercy University website and leave a comment letting us know what you think.